Facilitator, Writer, Personal Development Coach – Let me help you and your team reach your potential and beyond, get refocused and reinvigorated
- 25 Years training and developing leaders, and cross cultural teams in private and public organizations
- 4 Years career coaching and life planning
- 15 Years pastoral counseling adults and families in a multi-cultural context
- Decades of experience in program administration in both academic and non-profit institutions
- Leadership Training Program Developer
- Training Curriculum Writer
- Leadership Coach
- Diversity- Cultural Intelligence Consultant
- Communications Dynamics
- Optimizing Team Performance
- Emotionally Healthy Leadership Skills Facilitator (*certified)
Current – Master Trainer, Coach, Writer – Leadership Transformation Group, LLC (1997-present); Independent consultant, Linda Johnson Leadership (1990- present)
Consultant/Training Curriculum Developer/Coach – New York Municipal Agencies: Administration for Children’s Services (Child Welfare and Youth and Family Justice Divisions), Department of Probation, Health and
Leadership – Assessment, Styles, Situational Tactics, Middle Management; Team Appraisal
Management, and Supervisory Skills: Total Quality Management; Team Building, Delegation and Decision-making; Quadrant Two Time Management; DISC – Personal Profile; Diversity and Cultural Intelligence; Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills; Performance Appraisal; Transitions; Supervision; EEO/Sexual Harassment ; Emotionally Healthy Leadership Skills, Train the Trainer
Clients Include (1/1991-Present)
– Privately Held and Public
- Harris, Rothenberg, Inc (now part of Humana, Inc.) [Lifetime Brands, Billie Jean King Stadium];
- Metropolitan Transit Authority’s Program for Minority Entrepreneurs;
- Battery Park Preservation, Inc.
- City of New York Health and Hospitals Corporation, Gouverneur Health Center
- Police Department, Hempstead Township, New York
- City of New York Agencies: Administration for Children’s Services; Human Resource Administration, Department of Employment, Department of Homeless Services; Citywide Administrative Services;
- State Department of Social Services,
- New York City Public Schools
- Care for the Homeless, Inc.
- America Red Cross – Emergency Family Center; Salvation Army Social Services of New York and Nassau County;
- Resolving Conflicts Creatively Program; HELP for the Homeless; Volunteers of America; SCO Family of Services,
- Federation Employment and Guidance Services; Henry Street Settlement; Women’s Prison Association; Episcopal Social Services;
- Scores of public and non-profit operated Transitional Housing Shelters and Programs for Homeless Families
- Bank Street College of Education
- State University of New York, SUNY Farmingdale;
- City University of New York:
Substance Abuse Prevention Program, John Jay College for Criminal Justice,
Social Work School, Hunter College,
Homeless Family Training Satellite, York College,
* Academic and Career Programs, Fiorello LaGuardia Community College,
* Career Development Course, Queensborough Community College,
* Training Division, Brookdale Center on Aging at Hunter College
Staff Development Programs for Non-Profit Operated Family Shelters
- Bank Street College of Education ; Created the “Healthy Choices” curriculum used to train scores of teachers and school administrators from Queens School District 30 (family components of chemical dependency)
Founder/Trainer Women of Purpose Leadership Academy 5/2013 – Present – ; Coordinator Women’s Leadership Summits, 2011- 2014
Developed this faith-based academy – identifying, developing, and deploying women with demonstrated leadership potential.
Key Accomplishments – includes how to identify, recognize, and strengthen innate leadership qualities, skills training, as well as an in-house mentoring component
Training Program Director 1986-90; 1998-99
Director, Project Enable, LaGuardia Community College, City University of New York (For transitional housing residents and low income non-English Speakers)
- Through my guidance, this program expanded from an average of 25 students to 250 students per training year.
- Facilitated fundraising initiatives generating $250K annually in public and private funding.
- Overseer of technical skills, business education and personal empowerment courses carried out in English and Spanish. Recruited businesses to intern and hire graduates. Created English special language program for welfare recipients.
Director of Training, Parent Leadership Project, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Key Accomplishments 9/1990 – 1998 (trainer); 3/1995 – 6/1998 (Director)
- Recruited and dispatched bilingual trainers to train over 150 parent leaders in school districts in Upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Helped design Spanish curriculum and served as a bilingual (English/Spanish) trainer
Pastoral Team, New Life Fellowship 6/1999 – 6/2014
Pastor of Children (1999-2010) Assistant Pastor 2011 – 2014
- Created Women of Purpose Leadership Academy 2013 – present
- Expansion of weekly ministry serving 200 children from birth through age 11 including classes, creative arts and community outreach by and for children.
- Founded Vacation Camp serving 200 neighborhood children each year in this heavily immigrant neighborhood 2001-09. Pastoral counseling for hundreds of families, single adults.
- Bilingual ministry and counseling (English/Spanish) to special populations, including the homeless.
Adjunct Lecturer 1991 – 2006 Fiorello La Guardia Community College, Human Services Department. Orientation to Human Services, Principles of Human Relations, Human Services Activities, Site Supervision, Human Services Roles and Functions
Producer/Host – WBAI 1981-85 Sojourner’s Journal
Singer/Songwriter, albums Capture my Heart 2001; Mercy Received 2002
Education and Certification
Bachelor of Arts, Social Psychology 1977 Queens College, C.U.N.Y., Honors: Cum Laude
Certified Consultant/Trainer – Emotionally Healthy Leadership Skills, Center for Emotionally Healthy Spirituality 2014
Certificate of Completion, Green Level, Breakthrough Training, HHC 2015
Licensed and Ordained Minister, New Life Fellowship, Queens 1999 – Present
Rape Crisis Counselor, – NYC Rape Crisis Counseling Training 1986